A seed-bombs-making workshop can be a fun and engaging way to promote environmental sustainability and community engagement.
Completing an eco-lab through the Cities of Learning platform can offer individuals a variety of opportunities to learn and take action towards environmental sustainability. Here is what you can do and learn through this specific eco-lab 'Beautifying the Environment' :
- Introduction to seed bombs: The workshop could begin with an introduction to seed bombs, which are small balls made of flour, soil, and seeds that can be used to plant wildflowers and other plants in urban areas. Participants would learn about the benefits of seed bombs, including their ability to increase biodiversity, beautify public spaces, and support pollinators like bees and butterflies.
- Making seed bombs: Participants would then have the opportunity to make their own seed bombs, using materials like flour, soil, and a variety of seeds. They would learn about the different types of seeds that can be used, and how to mix and shape the materials to create seed bombs that are both effective and visually appealing.
- Planting the seed bombs: After making their seed bombs, participants would have the opportunity to plant them in a local public space, such as a park, schoolyard, or abandoned lot. They would learn about the best planting techniques to ensure the seed-bombs have the greatest chance of success, and how to care for them over time.
- Reflection and discussion: Finally, the workshop would conclude with a reflection and discussion period, where participants would share their thoughts and feelings about the experience. They would discuss what they learned about environmental issues and community engagement, as well as strategies for promoting sustainability in their community.
Through this activity, participants can learn a variety of valuable lessons. They can gain a deeper understanding of the importance of biodiversity and the role that plants play in supporting ecosystems and pollinators. They can also develop practical skills for promoting sustainability in their community, such as making seed bombs and planting them in public spaces. Finally, they can build connections with other community members who share their passion for environmental sustainability and feel empowered to take action towards a more sustainable future.
Completing an eco-lab of open badges on the Cities of Learning platform can provide you with a range of learning opportunities and practical tools to make a positive impact on the environment. By completing these activities and earning open badges, you can demonstrate your commitment to sustainability and contribute to building a more resilient and equitable future.
Obțineți insigna de activitate
The Sustainable Gardener badge recognizes individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to environmental sustainability through creative problem-solving and community engagement. Badge earners have completed a seed-bombs making workshop, where they learned about the benefits of seed-bombs and how to make and plant them in urban areas to promote biodiversity and support pollinators.
- Participated in a seed-bombs making workshop focused on environmental sustainability
- Created and planted seed-bombs in a local public space
- Demonstrated an understanding of the importance of biodiversity and the role of plants in supporting ecosystems and pollinators
- Reflected on the experience and shared insights with others
Badge earners have demonstrated a commitment to environmental sustainability, creative problem-solving, and community engagement. By completing this workshop and creating and planting seed-bombs, badge earners have learned about the importance of promoting biodiversity and supporting pollinators in urban areas, and have developed practical skills for doing so. They have also demonstrated creativity and initiative and contributed to improving the environment in their community.
Badge earners can display the Sustainable Gardener badge on their social media profiles, or other platforms to showcase their commitment to sustainability and their achievements in creative problem-solving and community engagement.
You have to finish 1 task to get the badge
Evidence verified by: un organizator al activității
- Participate in a seed-bombs making workshop focused on environmental sustainability
- Create and planted seed-bombs in a local public space
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of biodiversity and the role of plants in supporting ecosystems and pollinators
- Reflect on the experience and share insights with others
Let's have a look at the ingredients we need to assemble
Evidence verified by: auto-aprobare